Monday, July 5, 2010

World Cup Update

Well, it has been a very interesting World Cup so far! The USA made it through the first round with 2 ties and a win. However, Ghana got the best of them in the round of 16. We got screwed out of a goal by a very inexperienced ref. But that was not the only bad call in all the games. No, there have been a lot of them. England got screwed out of a goal, Argentina got one they didn't deserve, and then there were some just bad calls w/ fouls called and missed as well as undeserved cards.
England got beat in the round of 16. France and Italy didn't make it out of the first round and the French team were seriously poor sports about it. Surprise, I know!
So after the US was out, I got to freely pull for Argentina. They were playing well through the first round and the round of 16 but then they played Germany. WOW! What a well oiled machine is the German team. I'm impressed by them. I also get to pull for The Netherlands. They are playing well too. They are in the semifinals and will play Uruguay tomorrow. It should be a great game. Germany takes on Spain Wednesday. I'll be watching the final in New Orleans on Sunday. I can't wait!!
I think the US team will have a good chance in 4 years. I look forward to that. In fact, I may just try to go.
Soccer rules!!

No comments:

Post a Comment