Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sucker!!!

So there is a little update from my last post. Don't you hate it when you find out you've been taken advantage of? I certainly do especially when it is from the standpoint of matters of the heart. It turns out that the "guy" I thought I met is another scammer. Asked me for money after some seriously lame story about getting mugged. Did I need to remind this "guy" that I'm a nurse and you shouldn't try to get medical stuff past someone who works in the profession!!! Medical people are going to ask medical questions when there is something like that being presented to us. And don't ask for money in foreign currency! Really??? Do you think I'm going to send you pounds sterling? Right.
Well, lesson learned! Now just to get over the sting of feeling stupid. I know, I shouldn't feel stupid because that is what these people do - they suck you in and make you want to believe them. It's their job and they're good at it. But guess what? I still feel stupid! And I'm also a little hurt. As much as I try not to be, I'm a believing person. I like to think people are good. I know as a rational adult that most people probably are but there are enough that aren't that I should be on my guard. I WILL be for a while! Trust me!
I believe in love and I really want to be in love. That is why I, against my better judgement, I fell for it. I don't know what else to do but I know where it won't be happening. Cupid.com - HORRIBLE site! Full of scammers.
For the time being, I'll just be a slightly jaded hopeful/hopeless romantic! It's just who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment