Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Restaurant Wars DFW - The Search For Tex-Mex

I'm on a quest. A quest for good Tex-Mex. Being from Austin, I've had access to some seriously awesome Tex-Mex. I guess maybe I might be a bit spoiled as I'm having a terrible time finding good TM. It's not bad, it's just - meh. Locos breakfast tacos - okay food, fairly decent salsa. Nothing exciting. Lupe's Cantina and Bar (Comida con sabor) - Yeah...not so much. Queso meh. Salsa ok. Refried black beanTa dip actually pretty tasty. Tacos ok. Nothing exciting. Mercardo Juarez - Salsa was cooked and tasted like Italian tomato sauce. Carnitas were tender but had no flavor. Guacamole was ok. Mi Cocina - So far this is the best place I've been. Salsas were pretty good. Chips were nice and lightl. I had shrimp and bacon quesadilla. It had some great crema/cheese in it. Still not the best but the only one I'd go to again. I was trying to not go to chain restaurants but I needed good salsa so I went to Chuy's. I'm super glad there is one up here. I'm also going to have to hit up Torchy's. Got to go with what you know. I'm still going to try new places as I'm determined to find one. There has to be one. Somewhere up here. On a different note, I did find a great Peruvian restaurant. Food was really good and had great flavor. I will definitely go back.

1 comment: