Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Torture Chamber

Yes, you know what it is! The Gym! Okay, I know it really isn't a torture chamber but it certainly could be if you don't know what you're doing. Me, I stick with the easy stuff that I know how to use. If I don't know how to do it, I ask someone. I use the treadmill and the bike and then some of the machines. The worst thing in there - the elliptical! It literally kills me to use that damn thing! In less than a minute, I'm a swirling ball of sweat. The swirling comes from not being able to breathe and getting dizzy! I finally got to where I could do it relatively slow for 5 minutes and then the swirling ball of sweat had returned. I did start using the rowing machine and I liked that. Want to know why???? Because when you use it, it has a fan that blows on you from the wheel! Coolness - literally! The best thing about the gym is it is indoors and air conditioned! No A/C, No LB!! hahaha!
One exercise I do like is yoga. Granted at the moment, I can't do some of the moves because too many "things" are in the way but it is fun and there is some serious sweating being done and muscles being used. But there is one thing I will NEVER understand! Why on earth would anyone want to workout in a hot room on purpose? I don't get that. I would throw up!! Seriously, I would be in the corner barfing my guts up! Sure it may get your muscles warmer and I'm sure there are probably other good things it does but NO! Sweating while working out is inevitable but there is no need to make it a river!
No, I'll just take the plain ol' gym and sweat from normal working out. I won't be going to the sweat box torture chamber! No thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment