Monday, February 29, 2016

Ideal Protein - Is it ideal for me?

On 2/24/16 I started a new eating plan, Ideal Protein. How did I get to this point? I tried the Whole 30 diet and I gained weight. I went to the doctor for my annual girl visit and had to do my least favorite thing, weigh. OMG! The scale reading scared the crap out of me. It was a weight I thought I'd never see and one I never had seen. This was during my whole 30 experience. So I asked the doctor what I could do as I'm at my wits end, last straw, rock bottom. Her options were surgery or Ideal Protein. Surgery isn't going to happen. Most of the people I've seen that have had it done gained their weight back because they didn't learn to eat right. So no...not for me. I said let's look at the Ideal Protein plan. I looked everything over and was a little leery as you have to eat 4 cups of veggies a day and if you know me, you know I don't like a lot of veggies. But I'm determined and I decided I had to go check it out. I went to my initial visit to get started on Monday, February 23. I met Heather, my consultant, and liked her immediately. She's nice and down to earth. We talked about the plan and what was involved. I got all my measurements done and was very happy to see that my doctor's scale was like 12lbs off. But still, need to lose!! I'm in! I got my food and supplements and made a plan for the store that evening. I started on Tuesday. I ate the IP apple oatmeal and made my lunch. I have eaten baby kale, baby spinach, cucumbers, lettuce. It was crazy but I did it. So between salads like that and zucchini, I was getting in my veggies. I had my first weigh in that Friday. I lost 4.4lbs!!! Very exciting! Then there was Sunday. I ate breakfast, a little late as I went to Carnaval the night before, and then had some lunch and went to the grocery store to stocked for the week. I'm shopping, making my way through the store. I'm starting to go to the meat dept and all of a sudden, I feel like I'm either going to throw up, poop my pants, or both right there in meat dept in front of all the poor unsuspecting people shopping there. Deep breaths. I found the closest HEB employee and asked where the bathroom was and high tailed it that direction. I parked my cart, grabbed my purse and my shopping bags, and hauled ass into the bathroom. Luckily, there was only issues from one end. But I didn't feel great the rest of the day. Today, I had such a hard time getting my lunch down...aka veggies. I texted Heather and told her that I don't think I can do this. She gave me a tip and I'll try it tomorrow and see. I'm a little worried. I'm truly determined to lose weight but I may have to find a different way to do it. I'm looking at WW, aka Weight Watchers, and I'm ready for that if I need to be. I guess we'll just have to see how things work out in the next few days. It was going to be tough...I knew that but I don't want to feel bad on top of having to choke down food I don't want to be eating but have no choice because I don't have anything else I'm allowed to eat. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment