Monday, April 26, 2010

Life

Some days do you just wonder if life is the way it should be? I don't mean anything bad but just curiosity. Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing? Am I where I'm supposed to be? I don't know. Don't get me wrong. I like my life. A lot! But some days, I just wonder. I guess this was brought on by a couple of things. A friend I've known for a very long time just lost her dad. It is such a sad thing. I know. I still miss my mom so much - every day! And it just brings forward the inevitability of things.
I think about what my life would have been like if I would have been born closer in time to my brothers. What would I have done for a living? Would I have been married? Would I have had kids? Yikes! I'm not so sure how that would have been. I guess it would have been okay because it would have been the only life I would have known. But since I know that could have been with my current life, I get to ponder it. Not too seriously, though.
Then I think of what would have happened if I would have stuck with my original plan of just being back in Austin for a few years after I moved back in 1991. Where would I have gone? Would I have stayed there? I guess my answer to that question is I'll never know because I didn't do it. Why didn't I? Lots of reasons...very good ones. Family - friends - comfort.
So I guess all this wacky pondering just has me at the fact that I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to do, and being the me I'm am. I don't know about you but I feel better now. It's good to think these things out! Thanks for listening...well, reading! It might be good for you to try should you start pondering wacky things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment