Thursday, April 15, 2010

More on Mexican food

As most of you know, Austin has a plethora of restuarants and a lot of them are Mexican food. Most people have different favorite places for different favorite foods. In my last blog, I told you about my favorite place for fajitas. Well, my favorite place to go in Round Rock is Morelia Grill. It is a little mom and pop place that makes some seriously fantastic food. Everything I've tried is wonderful. Carne asada, carnitas tacos, chipotle chicken, queso flameado w/ chorizo, homemade tortillas. YUM city! They also have great red and green salsas. One thing I haven't had yet is the fried avocado stuffed with chicken, beef, or shrimp. I keep saying I'm going to have it but keep finding other things to try. I WILL try it, though.
They also have really good margaritas. They are $3 all the time! You can get fruity ones for a little more. One of the other cool things about the place is that they have live music. During the dinner hours, they have some quiet background music but recently, after 9pm, they have bands play. They move tables and make a little dance floor. I hope they keep that up because it was a lot of fun.
Remember Morelia Grill when you are up in the north reaches of the area. It is definitely worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment