Monday, April 5, 2010

Salumi vs. Salami

A dear friend read my blog the first day. She nicely pointed out that I had misspelled 2 words. Well, I did misspell one but not the other. I thought about it and realized that lots of people, especially Americans, don't know the word SALUMI. So today we are going to learn what that is.
No, I didn't misspell salami. I really mean salumi. The word "SALUMI" is an Italian word that describes meat products that are usually cured and mainly pork. Meats that fall under the salumi category are salami, prosciutto, salsiccia, bresaola, ham, mortadella, capicola, pancetta to name a few. In Italy, to buy these things you go to the salumeria.
Now you can impress people with your new knowledge of cured meats! This is a very good thing to know! Get out there and check out the salumi section in the store nearest you!

No comments:

Post a Comment